And the winner is...

Theme: Anything goes! The build deadline for participants is October 1st. This contest is closed.
ulvdemon
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: And the winner is...

Post by ulvdemon »

Congrat's to the winners and great job to all that joined, built, and/or completed the contest.
Current Build: Revell/Monogram 1/48 F-14D

On Hold: 1/48 Revell Mig-21PFM
Completed: 1/420 USS Defiant
Completed: AMT 1/650(?) USS Enterprise
Completed: 1/72 Bandai VF-1J
Completed: Linbergh's USS Gato
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Congratulations to the winners! The number of builds plus their quality were outstanding. And kudos to those who participated, regardless of whether you were able to complete them or not (like me).
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Wow! I am honored and my KBOP is insufferably smug. To be honest, I expected Steam's Stargazer to take the gold ring being a scratchbuild and all but, hey, I'm not complaining! Congratulations to the other winners and to everyone who participated in the contest. Looking forward to the next one!

Steve
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

I am totally stoked to see that two of the builds I voted for won First and Second places. The Klingon Bird of Prey and the Stargazer were incredible builds. Way to go!

And I am extremely humbled to be included as a winner. Thank you very much! I had stuff going on at home last night, and didn't even know the results until this morning when I received a PM. :oops:

I hope that the trials I experienced as I was building can help others get past their fear of vacuform kits (or kits of any medium, if the builder is trying something new). This contest has given me confidence to work on other vacuform kits that I have in my stockpile.

Thanks again to Xen, for setting up this fun adventure, and to Del, for sponsoring!
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Lonewolf wrote:Thanks again to Xen, for setting up this fun adventure, and to Del, for sponsoring!
Just wanting to remind everyone that RogueWolf / NorthTrek Creations is a co-sponsor of the 2nd Place with both of his kits the Praetor's Sword and the Jem'Hadar Destroyer.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Lonewolf wrote:Thanks again to Xen, for setting up this fun adventure, and to Del, for sponsoring!
No problem ;) I would also like to thank Del, Rogue Wolf and Jamie for their support and commitment to the contest. Del especially, having been there for AST from the start.
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

Congratulations to the winners. We saw some truly excellent work this contest.
moonlightdrive21
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by moonlightdrive21 »

Congrats guys !!
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

Congrats to all the winners ! Some great builds in this contest !
The Belgian Builder

Return to “2014 AST "Make It So" Model and Miniature Contest (Closed)”