Metal Trek Kits

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Metal Trek Kits

Post by Xen »

Meccano meets Trek. Check out the TOS Enterprise. Yuck.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/men ... ompany=331
MEATLOAFr
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: Metal Trek Kits

Post by MEATLOAFr »

Yeah, I've seen those before

Just makes be wonder how bad a "metal paper cut" can be
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!
Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
ABLE TO PRINT DECALS IN WHITE
NOW ABLE TO 3D PRINT SMALL SCALE MODELS (ANYCUBIC PHOTON & MONO X) have STL, will print!!
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

I tried it once, with the TOS Enterprise...

I didn't like it... Lots of effort for a poor display, and I screw up at some point, so I went for another kind of display ...
vlcsnap-2016-01-03-10h24m57s526.jpg
The Belgian Builder
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Actually the kits them selves arnt that bad. They are the same as any paper model but with photo etch metal. My wife has the BOP, and the Vor'cha Cruiser. She enjoyed putting them togeather. Yes there are small parts and you have to pay attention to what your doing.. but it is another form of model building that is fun :) I my self did stay away from the ent D and the tos though as I found the star wars sets more apealing.

Oh and as to a metal paper cut.... I have had them a few times from foil the thick heavy duty stuff. Let me just say they suck. Brings a new sence of pain to your life...
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

I've got a couple, I'm waiting for my enthusiasm to return before venturing out on them.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

I just picked up a four-pack of those from a seller on eBay. They arrived last night, so I haven't had much of a chance to look at them yet. But four of them for $19, with free shipping . . . couldn't pass it up.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by pengbuzz »

From what I saw, the TOS-E looks like it could use some solder on areas as well as perhaps some re-shaping on the undercut of the saucer (I was thinking a plastic hammer, a bag of sand and some gentle effort here).
dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by dJiPi »

Bought the 2 klingon ships, maybe for adding details to plastic/resin kits :mrgreen: like photo etched parts
dJiPi the froggy
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

There is a lot of them for sale in eBay from a few bucks to more expensive prices. I always had curiosity about them but after to read the testimonies above I think that's better to stay away from them. It definitively won't work for me.

:?
Thanks,

Yan.
Vahmp
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Vahmp »

I have 2 sitting on my desk/bench.
The TOS Ent and the Kling Vor'cha.

My daughter gave them to me as B-Day gifts.
I've opened the "envelope", and they aren't bad looking...
At least the Vor'cha isn't bad looking, and could possibly be adapted to the sacred scale as some other Klingon ship Since it's about 10cm in length), or for PE parts or just parts (as dJiPi said).
Now the TOS Ent... Well... She leaves a lot to be desired. The saucer's abit bigger than the sacred scale Ent-Refit/A, and is way too boxy looking.

I just haven't touched them because I don't want to hurt her feeling by not building the things as they came. (She's always looking at my ship models, and may spot them if I just use the parts.)
Laterz...
Vahmp

Return to “General Trek”