1:1000 Odyssey Class

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: 1:1000 Odyssey Class

Post by mophius » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:01 am

I would love to have Bill's ship in 2500 too but not sure how the details would transfer down, or if the shrink would make them unprintable. I have messaged Ken/Erin about resizing but no answer and I don't want to pester them too much.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: 1:1000 Odyssey Class

Post by novahobbies » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Gidiot wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:53 pm
it's smaller than the Ent-C model.... I know a guy in Italy. he has it up on Shapeways, and after talking to him he does say it's a 1/1400 (ish) size.

here is a link to part of the saucer he has on Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/product/726X8 ... li=ostatus
I recently got the Ranger class from this gent, and I'm pretty impressed. Gidiot, what quality did you buy that Ambassador prototype print in, and what are you going to do to get it to a smooth finish?

Here's the Ranger class, printed in 1/1400 scale. I used White Processed Versatile for the saucer and secondary hull, and White Premium Versatile for the warp engines and bridge/impulse engine detail parts.

I am risking a little $ and ordered another set of parts from him as an experiment. He sells a model that he calls the USS Enterprise B Alternate, which is based strongly off of the Solaris class NX-1701-A (basically an Excelsior type light cruiser). It turns out that he designed it with a 5.3 inch primary hull....which is almost perfect for 1/1400 scale....and guess who has a spare Excelsior saucer and nacelles sitting around?? SI I ordered the secondary hull and pylons from him, and we'll see where it leads. Hopefully somewhere cool.

Return to “1/1000”