Kit and Manufacturer List

The place for new forum requests, suggestions, bug reports and other issues relating to AST.

Did you find the "Kit and Manufacturer Kit Listing" a valuable resource?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
No, but the changes suggested sound good!
No votes

Total votes: 14

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Kit and Manufacturer List

Postby Xen » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:20 am

We're thinking of bringing back the old kit list.

It might be all in one, as opposed to one for each scale, or both.

Also, a visual kit listing of kits that are both available and out of production. Personally I think that would be pretty cool.

I'm curious though. We're the listings a good resource for you or did the out of date lists bother you. we certainly have quality and quality, but maybe it's not needed.

Please share your thoughts in our poll.

Tesral
Anything Goes Admiral
Anything Goes Admiral

Re: Kit and Manufacturer List

Postby Tesral » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:10 pm

The kit list is useful. I've missed kits I would have loved to have had simply because I did not know they exist.

I would keep it by scale. Save one wading though stuff they will not want to find things they would like.

I wonder if there is a way to make it more accessible? A down-loadable format perhaps. It bears discussion.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:06 pm

The list in 2500 has been invaluable to me over the last year. I can say that my stash wouldn't be a quarter of what it is without it.

Delta Quadrant got the C&D before I joined so I didn't even know about those gems until I saw the list when I did join. I also didn't know about TM Lindsay and his kits although I don't have any of them...... yet. :-D

I will probably be compiling the list soon so if you have any suggestions on rare kits or obscure websites I should visit for details on kits be sure to send me a PM or a helpful post here. Oh, and don't forget to mention what scale you are saying.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:52 pm

If I may suggest partnering with Lonewolf since he maintains a kit database of sorts on his sci fi model kit directory. Maybe there's a way of maintaining the list or have it linked to his site so that you can peruse pictures or find out more info
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:30 pm

el gato wrote:If I may suggest partnering with Lonewolf since he maintains a kit database of sorts on his sci fi model kit directory. Maybe there's a way of maintaining the list or have it linked to his site so that you can peruse pictures or find out more info

Thanks El Gato. How about, if I get his permission, linking the individual models in the listing to his review of it?

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Postby el gato » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:37 pm

I'd imagine that he would be supportive of that idea, but we really won't know until he's contacted and asked
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Another question regarding the kit list,
do you want the list to include kits no longer available but have them marked as such? maybe a section at the bottom of the list for the OOP/not available kits
Keep the list as it was but put OOP next to the appropriate ones /makers
Or just have a straight list

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

burwellian
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Postby burwellian » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:59 pm

I'd like to see the OOP annotations in, yup. Would be useful to know if chasing particular ships.
1:1400 newbie.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Postby mophius » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Ok I have hit a stump in the kit list.
I can only have so many URL links in one post. Do I just put one post for each manufacturer? that would make it easier for any of us to make comments or quote a certain kit/manufacturer or add any new kits.
If I have to start a new, like brand new, topic /forum for these are you particularly worried about losing any previous information. I could always save that info anyway just in case.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

MEATLOAFr
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)
Rampaging Rear Admiral (LH)

Postby MEATLOAFr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 pm

mophius wrote:Ok I have hit a stump in the kit list.
I can only have so many URL links in one post. Do I just put one post for each manufacturer? that would make it easier for any of us to make comments or quote a certain kit/manufacturer or add any new kits.
If I have to start a new, like brand new, topic /forum for these are you particularly worried about losing any previous information. I could always save that info anyway just in case.

one post per vendor sounds best - maybe one post of "in production" and another of "out of production"
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available

Return to “Support & Feedback”