old (unreleased) Galor/Keldon is now dead

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

old (unreleased) Galor/Keldon is now dead

Post by OdysseySlipways » Sat May 19, 2018 11:58 pm

i am getting back (so i hope) the Galor/Keldon hull.

it was never fixed/tweaked and for the most part forgotten for several years.

while i'm clearing off the one bench so i can start setting up new forms and parts for molding, i'm gather the parts i cast so far for the Galor in the past and see if anything wasn't molded/cast yet.

my thought is to mold the hull parts, kit up the parts and sell it as is (un-tweaked). i'll re-post the pictures i have from a few years back of the ship and see if there is any real interest in buying it - if there isn't, i won't mold the hulls and will just mix the cast parts in with the defects for sale

*and now that i think of it, i guess i'll have to muddle with my IMGUR and try to get pictures uploaded to that so i can post some here

anyway, i don't have an exact price as i don't have any info on the molds or resin used for all the parts i made in the past and as don't have a price for the molding and casting of the hull, the best i could do is guess on prices. right now i am looking at $40.00 for just the Galor and about $20.00 for the turtle back. i'll be selling them separately as some may not want the turtle back nor needlessly pay for it.

if this is something you'd be seriously interested in, please let me know, if not, the parts will get mixed in with my defect sales items
Last edited by OdysseySlipways on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: old (unreleased) Galor/Keldon

Post by OdysseySlipways » Sun May 20, 2018 12:06 am

until i get them to imgur i have attached 2 pic files

oh and this Galor was made to the longer length (sorry, that bit of info escapes me at the moment)
Attachments
Picture240.JPG
turtle back
Picture240.JPG (47.74 KiB) Viewed 591 times
Picture206.JPG
main hull pic
Picture206.JPG (48.7 KiB) Viewed 591 times

dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by dJiPi » Sun May 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Chris,
Happy to see you back here,
can we expect Klingon ships coming back as well,
and the Sovereign saucer kitbashed Ships as well ?
See ya
dJiPi the froggy

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by OdysseySlipways » Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm

they never left

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by OdysseySlipways » Fri May 25, 2018 5:25 am

as there is only 2 people that have shown any interest in the Galor i can't justify molding and casting it at this time. if i get 5 people who are serious about buying it, i'll mold it otherwise i'll just be wasting rubber

Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Tesral » Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 am

OdysseySlipways wrote:as there is only 2 people that have shown any interest in the Galor i can't justify molding and casting it at this time. if i get 5 people who are serious about buying it, i'll mold it otherwise i'll just be wasting rubber
\
Can't argue with that Chris.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by dJiPi » Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 am

Sorry Chris,
I do only Fed & Klingon Ships
dJiPi the froggy

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by OdysseySlipways » Fri May 25, 2018 3:36 pm

1:2500 Galor & Keldon add-on update!

okay - change of plans...

i just spoke to Scott and he's going to take some detail pictures of what he has there and i'm going to get back to him marking off some things i'd like done to it. doing so will mean it will not just be a limited run but a regular kit also meaning it will be sold to the SSM store - so once i do get the master back, i'll mold and cast it and will have my 5 kits (and then some)

so tonight i'll search for some nice studio model pics for reference for Scott. right now he's going to give me a basic price for making new bay doors and a basic clean-up. once that happens i'll be able to see what else i can get done and for how much more.

but now this means the price will change just a bit

so, for those that weren't interested in the Galor and Keldon add-on before, who's interested now?

does anyone know if the Galor carried fighters or shuttle or ? if so can you tell me what? i haven't followed this ship too closely so i don't really know what's out there

why? well maybe if it's practical, i'll get some little ships and offer them separately (unless you want to pay for something extra you won't use)

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by OdysseySlipways » Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 am

for anyone following this, i'm looking for pictures of the Cadet/Round 2 Galor kit so i can compare this kit to theirs - thanks in advance!

OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by OdysseySlipways » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Galor/Keldon 481

i was just talking to Rick Sternbach trying to see if he was able to help out any with Galor info and he told me he drew up the Galor but not the Kelon.

i also inquired about the large hangar bay on the lower front and the other smaller ones on the main hull but he said he never did anything behind this doors, so i'll have to see if something simple can be figured out for in there and maybe (at a later date) a few small support ships that could fit in there.

he did tell me the ship was worked out to be a length of 370m but also said there's no reason why there could be a couple of variants

so, now that wounder fest is over, i am really looking for trek nerds that could get me some nice screen grabs of the Galor/Keldon (close ups i guess would be better for showing details) so if you could please get some screen grabs, that would be great!

Return to “1/2500”