Do you want a Group Build or Contest?

Forum rules, site updates and general news.
Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Do you want a Group Build or Contest?

Post by Tesral » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Xen wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm
your plague is someone else's treasure. ;) can i count you in for donating to the bounty?
I can't sell the things. How about four. That leaves me the one pledged.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:05 pm

whatever you feel comfortable with. :) i am a bit of a newbie when it comes to the larger kits. what versions of the e do you have for a prize?

Dasphule
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Dasphule » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:18 am

So, I sent the kit for the contest months ago. When is this shindig happening?

slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:49 pm

While I like contests to nudge people into activity and stretch their abilities outside their comfort zone, I have another additional suggestion. An annual contest with no prizes (just pride on the line here and/or group appreciation) where all models completed in the calendar year are automatically entered (or the builder could add a post to thread showing various angles of the finished build). It would be like another end-of-the-year review we see for other reasons (years events, celebrity passings, etc.) and could act similar to the "eye-candy" galleries. We could even retroactively do this for past years.

Wonderfest at least keeps a list of winners (it would be better if they included pictures alongside the entries - we could do that). It could help other modelers look for examples/ideas for their own builds.
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Dasphule wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:18 am
So, I sent the kit for the contest months ago. When is this shindig happening?
if you're referring to the lynch, that was received on jul 3, so about 4+ weeks ago.

i'm doing the best i can for one person running the show, so don't be too hard on me. ;)

i still need a third place donor kit that ideally is new, but more importantly, i need to find out how many folks are interested in this. rl is taking a lot from me, so things are not as slick as they used to be.

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:11 pm

slawton wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:49 pm
While I like contests to nudge people into activity and stretch their abilities outside their comfort zone, I have another additional suggestion. An annual contest with no prizes (just pride on the line here and/or group appreciation) where all models completed in the calendar year are automatically entered (or the builder could add a post to thread showing various angles of the finished build). It would be like another end-of-the-year review we see for other reasons (years events, celebrity passings, etc.) and could act similar to the "eye-candy" galleries. We could even retroactively do this for past years.

Wonderfest at least keeps a list of winners (it would be better if they included pictures alongside the entries - we could do that). It could help other modelers look for examples/ideas for their own builds.
that's a good idea. i couldn't run it alone though. also, there is still the problem of broken links from old threads due to what pb did.

Return to “Important”