Klingon Vor'cha done! [PIC HEAVY]

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Klingon Vor'cha done! [PIC HEAVY]

Post by shiftdel » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Superb model, sharply built and an unbelievable paint job, if someone have told me that it was the studio version, I would believe...

WarpNein
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by WarpNein » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:25 pm

That is fantastic. You could probably insert it in the background of the Way of the Warrior battle and it would easily pass.

scaddude
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by scaddude » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:50 pm

SKO wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 pm
scaddude wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 am
trekriffic wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:02 pm
Your paintwork is exemplary- very neat and crisp. Nice photography skills you have too. Definitely a build to be proud of.

What's the length and width of this model? In inches if you don't mind.
Thank you!

Official length is 13.5". About 11" or so wide.
Do you mind sharing how exactly you do your washes? Just paint and thinner or water and paint or what's the ratio? Yours is just the right amount to give definition to everything without darkening the model
Ooof... ratios... uuhh.... Thin?

TBH, I usually just eyeball the wash. I use vallejo model air for almost everything, so, in this case, I took a couple drops of aggressor grey, then added water to thin it out. The consistency was pretty much water, but it was very opaque. It went from a darker grey to an almost medium light gray. I then took a thick brush and slathered on. If it was too much I'd dab it with a paper towel. Just repeat until I got it looking the way I liked. I had to take the wash into account when selecting the base green and red panels as well, knowing that there's a chance I would darken it significantly, so I took something a shade lighter than what I had envisioned finished.
"If nothing we do matters, all that matters is what we do..."

Return to “1/1400”